Dear ORSSA member
The ORSSA recognition awards are awarded annually at the national conference to individuals who have served the profession of operations research in an exemplary fashion. These awards are considered a prestigious distinction and are reserved only for outstanding achievements and/or contributions, typically over a long period of time. Awards are made in the following four categories
- Category I: To a retired member of ORSSA for outstanding contributions, typically over a long period of time,
- Category II: To a current member of ORSSA for a single, outstanding achievement with respect to the practising of OR on a national level,
- Category III: To a non-member of ORSSA for outstanding contributions, typically over a long period of time, and
- Category IV: To an upcoming member of ORSSA of age 35 or below (who is not a full-time student) for excellence in OR practice.
Any member of ORSSA may nominate an individual for consideration of a recognition award, by submitting the following documentation directly to the ORSSA president via electronic mail:
- Full names and contact details of the nominator
- Full names and contact details of a seconder
- Full names and contact details of the nominee
- A comprehensive motivation for the nomination
The closing date for submissions is Friday 31 July 2020.
Remember that the nominations are not disclosed to the nominee (because they are subject to approval by the Executive Committee), so please refrain from copying any other members in your nomination(s) to the president. Nominations should be directed only to the email address (email@example.com).