THE SOUTH AFRICAN STATISTICAL ASSOCIATION WORKSHOP
More info : SACNASP CPD SASA BAYES 2022
TITLE: Use Of Informative Priors In Confirmatory Studies, With Hands-On Session In R.
WHERE: 2022 South African Statistical Association Annual Conference (Both In-Person & Hybrid option available)
WHEN: 28 November 2022
WHO SHOULD ATTEND? Industry Researchers (statisticians as well as domain experts) both from the health sector and otherwise, academics and students interested in applied Bayesian methods
An Understanding of case-studies from industry applications;
How to traverse the bridge between theoretical knowledge and implementable Bayesian models;
How to use certain R Packages for your own research projects.
REGISTRATION : Https://App.Glueup.Com/Event/S...
• Introduction to Bayesian Thinking
• Constructing informative prior for different endpoint types: continuous, binary, survival
• Problem of Prior-Data Conflict and how it can be accounted for in a Bayesian dynamic-borrowing methodologies
• Establishing the frequentist operating characteristics (type-I and power) for a Bayesian design - why and how
• Case studies in medical devices, rare diseases and COVID vaccine development
• Practical session using R.