Join us for this online discussion forum hosted by the National Science and Technology Forum (NSTF) and its Professional Bodies and Learned Societies sector called proSET (Professionals in science, engineering and technology).
This thought-provoking NSTF Discussion Forum is free of charge to all.
As theNSTF/proSET discussion forums have found over the past two years, Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) technologies have huge potential to improve operations in various industries, in education, and in people’s lives. But these technologies require sound connections and high connection speeds. What are the potential, progress and challenges associated with 4IR technologies, in particular the Internet of Things?
- To learn about enablers of Internet of Things technology
- To learn about 5G connectivity and get clarity about the myths surrounding their roll-out
- Understanding the connection between 5G (or 6G) and Industry 4.0
- Ascertaining how far the roll-out of 5G is in South Africa
- Making the above facts and insights available to the public
Outputs: As is usual for NSTF Discussion Forums, a media release will be issued which summarises the most important issues and conclusions. The following outputs will be made available on the NSTF website: media release and video recordings of speakers’ presentations, including the panel discussion. As always, the NSTF will publicise all presentations and discussions. We do this through the media, and NSTF social media platforms.
- Dr Fesseha Mekuria (CSIR Meraka Centre; and Head: Smart Spectrum Team – 2020 NSTF-South32 Award Winner – Innovation Award: Corporate Organisation)
- Mr Sean Laval (SqidNET Executive, Solutions and Innovations)
Click here to register by no later than Friday 20 November 2020. You will receive an e-mail with a unique Zoom link to join the seminar. Note that registration is essential to get access to the event on the day.
Continuous Professional Development (CPD) points: CPD points will be awarded to attendees who are registered with SACNASP (South African Council for Natural Scientific Professions). You will receive 0.2 points for attending this two hour session on 23 November. For other affiliations, please notify the NSTF office so that we can approach the organisations for CPD points. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.