Professional registration is an important career milestone. It shows that your competency is of a high enough quality that your peers recognise you as one of them. You have become a respected and recognised practitioner of your speciality. Registration with SACNASP marks you as one of South Africa’s professional natural scientists, which means you are regarded by your peers and by potential employers as highly skilled and having good technical knowledge and competence. Once you have gained professional registration you may use letters after your name to identify yourself, e.g. M.E. Jones Pr.Sci.Nat.
Registering with SACNASP means:
- Your competence and commitment to professionalism has been assessed by other natural science professionals.
- You have received education and training that meets legislated standards for knowledge and experience.
- Your professional standing is acknowledged by peers, colleagues and fellow professionals.
- You have competencies that many employers value.
- You may be able to command higher earnings, better employment prospects and have career mobility.
- You have access to a network of qualified professionals in your area of expertise, so you can keep abreast of the latest developments in your field.
- You have complied with the legal requirements of Act 27 of 2003, meaning you can practise your profession legally